Marie Dubuque offers tips on keeping a conversation flowing and avoiding awkward silences. She suggests asking the other person about themselves. Everyone loves to talk about themselves, and sometimes if you ask one question they go on and on. Ask about their favorite food, favorite restaurant, how they get along with relatives. Questions about in-laws can lead to some interesting dialog and can get the conversation going better than it was before.
If you ask them about their day, make it a specific question, such as what was the funniest thing that happened, or was there a really memorable conversation they had. Everyone can find something meaningful about their day.
Finally, think of a book or a reality show or something that you can both watch and then talk about it. A really interesting book can make for hours of great conversation.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades