Have you ever had someone make you feel better with a simple act of kindness? Now it's time to bank some good karma and make someone else's day.
You Will Need
* Good intentions
* A sweet idea
* A selfless heart
Call. Pick up the phone and engage the person in conversation – encourage and listen to them.
Send a card. Whether through snail mail or e-mail, the right greeting can put a smile on the saddest face.
Ask the person out. Go for a walk, fly a kite, visit the zoo. A change of scenery makes a huge difference in a person's outlook.
Jump in and help out. Surprise them by cooking dinner, cleaning the windows, or weeding the garden.
Get out of your comfort zone. Compose a song and serenade them – even if you can't carry a tune. Put on a clown outfit and deliver some balloons.
Be careful if you're trying to cheer up someone who's just a friend. You don't want your actions to be misinterpreted.
Leave a little gift – something that you know will lift their spirits.
Fact: In a recent study, laughter proved to lower cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades