Keith Ferrazzi offers suggestions on how to be more outgoing. It can be painful but it‚Äôs not as hard as it seems. Talking to people you don‚Äôt know can be frightening, but what is even worse is that you miss out on opportunities to meet people. There are ways to learn to speak up.
First, find someone you know socially that you admire and use them as a role model. Watch how they act and listen to what they say. You can use their methods, but be sure the material is your own. Also, join an organization like Toastmasters. Just standing up and practicing is a great help. Get involved in an activity that you love with people you feel comfortable with. You automatically have something to talk about with them.
Think of people as a package that you want to unwrap to find out what is interesting about them. Let yourself be vulnerable. The better you get at it the more you will build relationships and the more successful you will be.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades